STAR ACHIEVEMENT PROGRAM AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Advancing YOUR Diving Experiences
The Star Achievement Program is designed to provide Club Members the opportunity and encouragement to experience a variety of diving opportunities to become a better diver - and have more fun!
All of the below qualifications will be determined and reviewed by the San Jose Flipper Dippers' Star Achievement Program Committee. These achievements may be accomplished and recorded in any order.
Stars will be awarded in numerical order upon completion of all previous requirements. It is the Club member's responsibility to make sure these accomplishments are recorded with the Star Achievement Program Chairperson.
1st STAR AWARD
1. Show SCUBA certification from a nationally recognized certification agency.
2. Log ten (10) dives with the Club.
3. Dive to 60 feet in the ocean on a Club dive.
2nd STAR AWARD
1. Log 20 total dives (not necessarily Club dives).
2. Have current CPR AND First Aid certification.
3. Coordinate two (2) scheduled Club dives.
4. Assist at two (2) scheduled Club activities.
5. Prove ability to use a compass by showing proof of:
a) Navigation Specialty, OR b) Advanced Diver certification.
3rd STAR AWARD
1. Obtain a Scuba Rescue course certification from a nationally recognized certification agency.
2. Complete one (1) year as an active skin and SCUBA diver and Club member.
3. Complete at least one (1) of the following:
a) assist at four (4) club activities, b) coordinate four (4) scheduled Club dives, OR c) dive with four (4) prospective Club members.
4. Have current CPR AND First Aid certification.
5. Show certification of one (1) of the following courses:
a) O2 Provider, b) Nitrox, or c) Advanced Diver.
4th STAR AWARD
1. Complete two (2) years as an active skin and SCUBA diver and Club member.
2. Log at least two (2) night dives.
3. Serve as a Club Committee Chair, or participate in at least two (2) different ocean/dive-related public services.
4. Have current CPR, First Aid and Scuba Rescue certification.
5. Coordinate the following scheduled Club dives:
a) one (1) boat dive, b) one (1) abalone dive, and c) one (1) night dive.
6. Dive with at least six (6) prospective Club members.
5th STAR AWARD
1. Successfully complete all previous requirements.
2. Complete three (3) years as an active skin and SCUBA diver and Club member.
3. Have current CPR, First Aid and Scuba Rescue certification.
4. Be a nationally certified:
a) SCUBA Instructor, b) Assistant Instructor, c) Dive Master, d) Master Scuba Diver, or e) serve one (1) year as a Club Officer.
Come join us at our monthly meetings and dives!
Need more info? Contact: clubinfo @ SJFlipperDippers. com
Flipper Dippers Home Page /
This Month's Activities /
Star Achievement Program & Requirements /
2019 Calendar of Events
Related Web Sites /
Taking Game in California Waters /
© 2019 San Jose Flipper Dippers